Student CribsMorrison Circus, Edinburgh
Full internal refurbishment of 24 student flats in Edinburgh City Centre
Morrison Circus is a purpose built student accommodation block of cluster flats in Haymarket, Edinburgh City Centre. Cosmos Projects were instructed by GVA, following a competitive tender process, to undertake extensive internal refurbishment works to two adjacent blocks of 24 student flats. Each block comprises 12 clusters of 4 flats; with each cluster containing a separate, large open plan kitchen, living, dining-room area; one shared bathroom with shower and WC; and a second, separate WC.
The Scope of the Works included:
• Re-decoration of all flats and common areas;
• Renewal of floor coverings to all flats and common areas;
• Replacement of the bedroom furniture, fitted furniture and built-in cupboards;
• Refurbishment of the toilet and shower accommodation including tiling, new sanitary ware and replacement of accessories;
• Replacement of ventilation extracts to toilets and showers;
• Overhaul of all kitchen units;
• Replacement of full lighting installation throughout both blocks; and
• Replacement of the fire alarm system.